Want to help develop new, efficient, accurate methods to analyze large collections of RNA-seq data and help translate research best practices into clinical use? We are seeking a self-driven and passionate computational biologist with experience in genomics and gene expression to drive the development of data analyses for a new web platform for gene expression analyses and to interface with customers to help solve interesting data analysis challenges.
Ocean Genomics (https://oceangenomics.com) is a startup focused on creating software to analyze gene expression sequencing data. Our mission is to provide the world’s most efficient, accurate, and comprehensive gene expression analyses by supporting and extending our current state-of-the-art gene expression and transcriptome analysis software.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Ph.D. or M.S. in computational biology (or a related field) or several years experience in commercial genomics data analysis.
- A demonstrated history of successful data analysis projects.
- Experience with analysis of large collections of genomic or transcriptomic sequencing data sets.
- Proficiency using machine learning for genomic or transcriptomic analyses.
- Experience with relevant statistical tests, multiple hypothesis correction, and standard ML best practices (cross validation, training/test/validation splits, etc.)
- Experience with standard genomics software such as sequence aligners, expression quantifiers, variant callers, etc.
- Experience working with FASTQ-, BAM-, and VCF-formatted data.
- Proficiency in R or Jupyter notebooks.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience with gene expression particularly (differential gene expression tests, GSEA, etc.) a plus.
The successful applicant will be tasked with helping to develop improved gene expression analyses for a cloud-based web platform, working with software developers and other computational biologists. They will also interface with clients to understand and conduct customer-initiated analysis tasks.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until it is filled. Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.